Mobile Application Architect and Developer
- 15+ years of experience crafting creative solutions for productivity and content delivery.
- Use of a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving, with skills spanning multiple platforms and languages.
- Proven track record. Developed, shipped and maintained 15+ apps - App Store, Play Store and web.
- Comfortable managing from a high-level perspective or working in the trenches.
- Strong belief that programming solutions should unobtrusively serve and empower design, UX and content.
Experience2017-PresentThe Curious Pixel, Limited – Application/Software Architect and Developer – BristolOwner. Focused on creating native iOS and near-native cross-platform mobile applications.
2019-2021Candide, Limited – Senior Developer – BristolProduct Owner and Developer of Candide's AR-based “Labels” app.
- Remotely organized, managed and developed a native iOS/Android port of a localized web app, for overseas clients. Available in the App and Play Stores.
- Designed scripts and workflows to keep localized content up to date between web and mobile apps. (English, Japanese and traditional and simplified Chinese)
- Designed and developed a high-performance, open-gl based, image editing iOS app. Available in the App Store.
- Ongoing maintenance of code base for existing App Store and Play Store apps.
2002-2017Pixeldream, Inc. – Application/Software Architect and Developer – New York CityCo-Owner. Multimedia company serving corporate and educational clients, specializing in interactive programming, spanning all digital media formats, including mobile application development, web-based applications and video.
- Implemented the use of ML Vision models, scene analysis and post processing to detect plants automatically for AR labeling.
- Continuously polished the user experience with a frequent release cycle.
- Updated features to stay up-to-date with Apple's AR and Core ML technologies
- App received one major and two minor App Store features
- Invited to participated in two Apple hosted lab weeks
- Maintained – and contributed to – the primary React Native app
- Contributions to in-house micro services and front end website using React
2011-PresentPhotographer - New York City / LondonWorked with artists and galleries on project collaborations and artwork documentation.
- Architect and developer for all Pixeldream productions, including an online MBA prep course with 80 animated lectures, 250+ interactive activities, test banks and self-evaluation tools.
- Managed a team of animators and programmers while responsible for final code integration.
- Directed support and maintenance of web apps after deployment.
- Prepared ideas, estimates and timelines for all company proposals.
- Worked closely with writers and artists to provide the best engine for the content demands.
2010-2016Mobile Developer - New York CityIn collaboration with artists, filmmakers and non-profits, created, designed, consulted and/or programmed iOS apps both for retail and advertising purposes.
- New York Times, Art Forum and Sculpture Magazine credits.
- Specialization in super high-resolution / life-sized stitched photography.
OngoingMotion Graphics and 3D Modeling and AnimationUsed to support all areas of production and pre-production.
- Designed and developed a virtual “director’s viewfinder” iOS app. Available in the App Store.
- Co-Created and developed a puppy training iOS app. Available in the App Store.
- Created and developed a companion iOS app for “Key to the City”, a NYC public art project.
- UX exploration via animated scenarios.
- Game assets development.
- Created App/TV promos, show openers and animated company logos. Clients include Oxfam International, General Dynamics, Laerdal Medical and WGBH Boston.
Math and computer science graduate courses, focusing on Computer Graphics programming.
Berklee College of Music
Bachelors in Music Production and Engineering.
Technical SkillsProgramming Languages, Toolkits and SDKs:
Maya, Form-Z, Adobe After Effects, Premiere and Final Cut Pro
Entire Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, XCode, Visual Studio and SVN Tools
Fluent in Spanish. Competent in French.
Copyright 2022. All Rights Reserved